10 October 2005

Some sayings

This past weekend Anna was sick. That's always a dangerous time. I begin diminishing the stuff we have around the house in these moments.

One of places targeted was our collection of cards in the recipe holder. In the back of the box I found a number of cards given to us by a dear lady from our days in Indiana, Glennis Douglas.

Here are some of the sayings:
___________

Stress is that confusion created when one's mind over rides the body's desire to choke the living daylights out of some jerk who desperately needs it.

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

We can't control the wind, but we can adjust the sails. (The first part of me made me wonder what Middle School boys would say?:-)

It's hard to soar with Eagles when you work with turkeys.

He who toots his own horn, remains at the small end.

What should not be heard by little ears should not be said by big mouths.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Lost - 3 legged dog. Blind in one eye. Tail broken in 2 places. Castrated last week. Answers to the name of Lucky.
___________________

Thanks Glennis.

No comments: