- In other words, Paul says, if I have not love I am not just useless but a positive nuisance. - Chrysostom
- When the Holy Spirit comes upon us it is our human faith that expands to make room for the Divine gift. - Gennadius of Constantinople
- Love is the very head of religion, and someone who has no head is dead. - Ambrosiaster
- Admonition from and enemy often produces in a prudent man the desire for amendment. - Basil
- Sullenness of an angry man is depicted by silence. Regain your zeal and joy in your heart. - Basil
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Some old quotes on Love
Here are some quotes that come from the Ancients (ACCS) as they reflected on Paul's writing in 1 Corinthians 13.