13 September 2011

Pursuing Impact or Pursuing God?

Phil Vischer the creator of Veggie Tales has a new project out called What's In the Bible.  World Magazine has a good interview with Vischer that would be well worth the read.  
Here are a couple of quotes. 
  • "We're drinking a cocktail that's a mix of the Protestant work ethic, the American dream, and the gospel.  And we've intertwined them so completely that we can't tell them apart anymore."
  • "I realized I'm not supposed to be pursing impact, I'm supposed to be pursuing God.  And when I pursue God I will have exactly as much impact as He wants me to have."
  • "We have this American industrial thing where we want to build the McDonalds and Coca-Colas of evangelism and come up with formulas and systems that are guaranteed to work and it can be highly effective, but I don't know that it's highly Christian."

No comments: