11 December 2013

Anticipating God acting today

Dennis Kinlaw has complied a fantastic daily devotional, "This Day With The Master." If you are familiar with Oswald Chambers, this is similar and very, very good. 

Today's reading spoke to me and I would suggest it has application to many of us who make our plans based upon what we can accomplish given our resources.
______ 

2 Chronicles 14.11 (NKJV) - Asa cried out to The Lord his God, and said, "Lord, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O Lord our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name we go."

Kinlaw writes:
The author of Chronicles portrays God as an actor on the human scene and in individual lives . . . .
My mistake in too much of my life has been to simply look back and give God thanks for what I can see he has done instead of living in anticipation of what he is going to do. I tend to see the dark clouds and not see the One who is behind and above those looming clouds. However, if we take scripture seriously, there ought to be an anticipation in our hearts that says, "I wonder what is is going to do today. I have this massive problem; I wonder how is his going to work it out." We need to expect his action and presence in our lives.

No comments: