10 June 2006

VBS - Almost done

This is Saturday, praise the Lord.
By noon on Friday those who have been working VBS are exhausted. I suppose it's not just VBS, but couple that on with other events happening this week - graduation being one of them, and you get a tired group of people. So today we're resting, sort of, we have a couple of graduation parties to attend. Tomorrow we'll have the big finale, with kids singing and the skit players wrapping up the week.
I'll give joy to others as I don a grass skirt. There was a challenge given to the kids for their offering. Bring in money to buy 20 goats and we'll have a cookie eating contest. Bring in enough money to buy 30 goats and Captain Cookie/Pastor Jason will wear a grass skirt. At the end of the day on Friday, there was enough money to buy 40 goats.
I think most of the kids are excited, except my two sons. They say they aren't looking forward to it. Hopefully it won't last long.

No comments: