04 October 2008

Morning

I'm not a morning person. My sister tells my kids horror stories of when I was a teenager of how she'd have to wake me up to get to school on time. Though my dad loves the morning, I've not been fond of them. However, lately I've noticed something about mornings because I've been rising a little earlier and taking a good walk. I've noticed that if I get up and get my walk in before the sun is up, I can often do it almost every day, even on days that it rains. I don't know why, but on the majority of days that it rains, early in the morning, before 7, the rain is waiting, but not coming down.
Now, I suppose I could be proved wrong, that statistically rain is no respecter of time of day, if I'm wrong please let me know. However, I wonder if God isn't trying to tell us something through the order of the cosmos - do the important things early, before the rain?!. I wonder.

No comments: