05 June 2009

Quiet!

Not a breeze in the trees and few will notice
Quiet.
Pigeons dipping low to fend for a crumb
Grumpy old man, orange hat on a red scooter
Lovers hand in hand on the sidewalk
watch out for the grumpy old man
Quiet.
I struggle to walk with this fat
I struggle with these keys which dangle around my neck
loneliness
Quiet.
Why o son have you left me in this apartment?
my home is not here
not here in the city centre of loneliness
not here where there are few trees
not here where few will notice
Quiet.
That is what I long to escape
Not a breeze in the trees and few will notice

___
This is the fruit of a conversation in a coffee house.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Love it!
I do not think I will be in church this week. But I will be thinking of you, your family, and the church members.
Take care
Kevin