07 September 2010

Beginnings

Today Anna and the kids kicked off the new school year.  Moses is in 6th grade, Asa in 4th and Aravis is starting kindergarten. 

This morning we started 21 Days of Prayer at the church.  For the next 20 days the sanctuary will be open at 6:30 AM for those who want to come and pray.  While I've participated in early morning prayer gatherings before I've never done 21 days in a row.  This is what they call a spiritual discipline. 

The prayer time will possibly give aid to something else I've begun today, constructing a web site for the North Michigan School of Ministry.  This summer I was appointed Dean of the School.  One of the key components is letting our current and potential students know their many options for learning and spiritual growth.  Constructing a web site is one of the growth challenges I face.  (Tonight I'm thinking I should have just developed another blog site.)

Tonight the boys and I went on a two mile run.  We've done it once before.  It works them pretty good. 

1 comment:

Kristi said...

We're beginning our fourteenth year of home schooling but don't start back until later this month. I'm looking forward to it, too!

~Kristi